Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Back to Mini Work...

House of Miniature Kits ready for painting


Hello Everyone, I am just finishing up the "real" house refresh. I still have a few more doors to paint, but decided they can wait until next year. So I am easing back into miniature work. Although I haven't created new minis in the last 3 months, I have spent lots of time admiring the beautiful work of so many miniature artist and crafters on Instagram. The work is so amazing! I am always inspired by the creativity out there.

As many of you know, I have a wonderful mother who loves to surprise me with little handmade gifts for the shop. While I was working on the "real" house, she offered to try to put together  some of the (many) House of Miniature kits I had sitting in my work closet. I honestly did not think she would enjoyed putting the kits together…boy was I wrong, she finished every kit! She absolutely enjoyed the process and asked that I order more. Needless to say, I have a bunch of painting to do.

So I am easing back into the mini world with these kits painted with fun Annie Sloan colors. I also have a bunch of Milk Paint that I ordered a while ago. I'm going to play around with different effects and techniques. I'm thinking I might alter the kits a little to give them an updated look.

I've been running sales in my shop for the last few months to clear out some of the older items. I have tons of new minis to photograph and upload. If you get a chance, please stop by.


No comments:

Post a Comment