Thursday, September 3, 2015

Wing Chairs...

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning my studio. With the cleaning done, today I was able to get to work on the wing chairs!
I spent most of today working on the wood work for 3 chairs, staining, cutting, gluing. OMG, I have 9 more in this group to complete! By the end of the day I have one chair (well almost) complete. I was so excited with the way it turned out, I needed to share it with you.
This is my original design. It is created with a natural linen fabric. I also made a little pillow (I'm thinking of tea staining it a little, so it won't be so matchy-matchy). The wood work is weathered, I still have to do some light sanding, then waxing for smoothness. I have 3 different styles in this fabric, which I should have complete tomorrow.

Miniature Dollhouse Wing Chair
by
Anita Smiley for fabulouslyflawedminiatures

No comments:

Post a Comment