Wednesday, November 4, 2015

New Items Coming...

Just wanted to share of few things I have been testing out for the shop. It took me a few times to get it right, but I can now say that I am happy with the results. I will be making a bunch of each to add to the shop.

First, Miniature Dollhouse Wreaths. (this one is listed, Etsy shop) A friend mentioned I should make wreaths in miniature. I thought the idea was great, so off to Michaels. I purchased both natural and green moss. Once I made the wreaths, I needed to decorate them…this is the hard part. For this example, I made grapes with clay. Oh my, it took forever to make those little balls! (I really do admire miniature food artist). Although I am still working out the decorating part, I'm excited about the possibilities.
Of course, I needed a door to display the wreaths, so I decided to try my hand at making one. Super simple to make and I can visualize several different designs and uses for this type of door (stay tuned!).

Next, Miniature Dollhouse Wall Shelf with Rusted Bar. This design has been on my mind for months. I got a little bored with making chairs (I have several to get back to), so it was the perfect opportunity to give this a try. I think the shelf turned out great and will be making a bunch of these in several different Annie Sloan Chalk Paint colors. I also wanted to accessorize it a little. I remember reading on Liberty's page how to make fabric look more natural by giving it a glue bath and using pins to give it a gathered look. I gave it a try on the towel (still need to play around with it a little more). Thanx Liberty:).

Finally, I love, love vintage can canisters. I've alway wanted to make them, but did not want the tedious job of gluing paper together. Well, I found the perfect cylinder and "viola". This is just one of a set of three; sugar, coffee and tea. I have big plans for these little sets. I will have them in many colors in vintage and french styles.

It's been a fun week. I have to admit that I had to order a magnifier to carry on. This work is super, super tedious. My eyes are exhausted, but I am really looking forward to the next few weeks of work and getting these items listed in the shop.

Miniature Dollhouse Moss Wreath with Grapes

Miniature Dollhouse Door Wreath with Moss and Grapes



1:12 Scale Miniature Dolhouse Wreath with Moss and Grapes

Miniature Dollhouse Door, aged and painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint


Vintage inspired Miniature Dollhouse Wall Shelf with Rusted Towel Bar

Vintage inspired Miniature Dollhouse Wall Shelf with Rusted Towel Bar

Miniature Dollhouse Rusted Canister (Sugar)

Miniature Dollhouse Rusted Canister
Sugar, Coffee and Tea Set coming soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment