Friday, February 16, 2018

Farm Table Tops...

I've been working on Miniature Dollhouse Farm Tables. I think I have a pretty good design, but want to offer different table top stains, as well as different base colors. Tonight, I could not resist playing around with an idea that I had to create a darker finish on the table top. The darker stain applied to this type of wood gave a silver like finish that I did not like. After lots of sanding and playing around with different techniques, I was able to get a "Restoration Hardware" style finish that I was going for. I still have to apply a sealer, but I love the finish. It's really going to pop on a Annie Sloan White Base.
Next, I would like to try one that has a red chipped paint finish, so I'm going to go study a Primitive/Folk Art Book that I have, then I may attempt to duplicate that style (finger x'd on that idea).
Have a wonderful weekend,
Anita

Miniature Dollhouse Farm Table Tops
by Anita Smiley for fabulouslyflawedminaitures

No comments:

Post a Comment