Sunday, September 21, 2014

Testing out molds for a ballerina mannequin

Ballerina Mannequin

I have spent the last few weeks working (obsessing) on torso mannequin sculptures for a mold.  I love a vintage mannequin stand with a delicate ballerina tutu.
After several attempts, I finally created a torso that I was happy with and passed it on to a wonderful friend, who created the mold for me. I am going to test the mold out this week, if all goes well, I will create a few by the end of the week.
My goal is to give them an aged look using paint and other techniques, then I will add a delicate tutu and a vintage inspired stand.
Here's a peak at the work in progress:

An inspiration board I made for this project. I love the vintage feel of these images, the
antique white and dusty rose is beautiful.  

The torso I am happy with. Doesn't look like much now, but once
I add a few touches, it should look fab (fingers x'd).

The mold my friend made for me. The torso is now very smooth. I'm hoping
I can create several without having to sculpt each time. Hoping this works out.
Click here to see the results after I used the mold

No comments:

Post a Comment