Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Vintage Style Mannequin Progress

Looking Good, Feeling Excited!

Got a little excited, so I had to post to show the progress.

This mannequin is not one from the mold. This is the tester that I have been working on for a bit (I think the mold mannequin is a little more dainty).
After several layers of paint, (Annie Sloan chalk paint) some light sanding, waxing and distressing, I really started getting excited.
I will be adding rusted hardware to the top of the mannequin to give it a cool vintage vibe.

I did realized that I did not add the line going down the front and back to the sculpture I created for the mold…darn it, as I really like it :(.

Just finished distressing, love the look.

Front view, working on the hardware. 

Can't wait to get this dressed.
Click here to see how the hardware and stand turned out

No comments:

Post a Comment