Monday, April 4, 2016

Book Making Fun...

While the pots and pails were drying today, I thought I would have a little fun creating a miniature dollhouse book. I watched a video from a wonderful site called, "We Love Miniatures". The videos are well explained and very good. After watching the book making video a few times. I was able to create this book in Photoshop. It's called "African Objects". I have tons of clip art from my Graphic Design teacher days, so it was pretty easy to find images. I played around with the cover, using a leather image and blended with an african cloth I found on the internet. It came out a little darker than I hoped for, so it's a little difficult to see the african cloth design. It turned out okay. I think I need a bit more practice, but it was a lot of fun to make.  I plan on making a few coffee table art books for staging my photos. If you are looking for a few fun tutorials, check out We Love Miniatures.

Here's a few things I learned:
  • Make the pages smaller than the cover. I contracted the pixels by 2, maybe 4 or 6 would have been better.
  • Stain (age) the pages before you glue the book together.
  • Use regular printing paper for the inside of the book instead of card stock. 

Making books for miniature dollhouse photo staging

Super fun to make

No comments:

Post a Comment