Monday, July 18, 2016

If I Can Make a Chair, I Should Be Able to Make a Sofa...

I have been obsessing on upholstered chairs these last few weeks. While hanging out in Los Angeles, I purchased lots wonderful fabrics. Seeing the fabrics come to life is so addictive.

While working on a few chairs, it dawned on me, if I can make a chair, I should be able to make a sofa, a much needed sofa for staging!... (a slight deviation from my "chair" goal)

I put together a pattern for the sofa. It's the same look as the chairs, just longer. I wanted a larger, shabby-ish looking sofa. I went to the Restoration Hardware website to get an idea of the size. I compromised between and 72" (6 inches) and 84"(7 inches), and made the pattern 6 1/2 inches. While shopping for fabric, I stumbled upon a wonderful fabric that had a great texture. At the time, I didn't know what I would use if for, but I didn't want to pass it up. I decided to try it on the sofa. I love it! It is exactly what I need for staging some of the new items I have coming to the shop.
I'm loving the photos ;).

Now back to chairs…

Shabby Chic Miniature Dollhouse Sofa
by Anita Smiley for fabulouslyflawedminiatures


Handmade miniature dollhouse sofa
by Anita Smiley for fabulouslyflawedminiatutres

Miniature Dollhouse Sofa, 1 1/2 inch throw pillow, 1 1/4 inch throw pillow
and Straw Hat by Anita Smiley for fabulouslyflawedminiatures
Miniature Dollhouse Shabby Chic Sofa
by
Anita Smiley for fabulouslyflawedminiatures

Miniature Dollhous  Sofa Throw coming soon to fabulouslyflawedminiatures





No comments:

Post a Comment