Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Adding Finishing Touches...

Today I worked on the finishes for a few recent builds. I rusted the coat rack and made a cute vintage rose colored umbrella (a super easy build).
Yesterday, I stained the table top of the iron round table I created to sit in front of the settee. I was not happy with it at all:(.
Today I came up with an idea to make it better, I added a thin strip of rusted metal around the edge, then glued a bunch of thin wood strips on top (I distressed the edge of each one). Initially, I was going to paint to top, but decided to try to tea stain it. The tea stain was too light, so I added my Peets used coffee grounds, which gave it a look I was happy with.

Here's a peek:

Miniature Dollhouse Coat Rack, Umbrella and Round Table
by
Anita Smiley for fabuloulsyflawedminiatures

Miniature Dollhouse Coat Rack, Umbrella and Round Table
by
Anita Smiley for fabuloulsyflawedminiatures

Not crazy about the table top ;/

After the redo…much better
by
Anita Smiley for fabulouslyflawedminiatures


No comments:

Post a Comment