Monday, April 21, 2014

Miniature Mattress Day

Today I'm Making Mattresses

I woke up this morning excited about my minis. I have a vision of all the wonderful mini beds I want to create. I decided I would spend the entire day week making mattresses. Eventually, I will create bed frames around the mattresses.
I recently purchased a bunch of beautiful linen in ecru, soft pink, natural and white along with some red and blue ticking fabrics. Today I will make mattresses in each color…that's about 6!( Housework pushed to the side). I use the tutorial by 1inch minis. It's super easy and the mattresses turn out great.
If you don't hear from me this week, it's because I am working on this project. I will post the mattresses when I am done. Have a great week!

Beautiful fabrics for my mattresses

This will be the final result

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anita! I love your choice of fabrics for your proposed mattresses. I happen to love ticking anyway so I am already on board. There are lots of mattress tutorials on the net but I must agree with you in that the one from One inch Minis is a real keeper! Her projects are wonderful and it appears that your mattress project, shown in the photo above, is the perfect testimony.
    I look forward to seeing your mattress collection when it is all done.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete