Sunday, April 6, 2014

My First Experience with Miniatures

A Gift to my husband

I just ran across this old photo. It is the my first experience with miniatures, made many years ago. My father in-law passed away suddenly, I made it for gift to my husband.
Pretty much everything is handmade including the doll and clothes. Sadly, I remember making this
with my mother in-law, who passed away of cancer this past November. It now rest in my husbands office. Bringing back memories.


My first experience with miniatures. I can't believe I attempted a doll!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anita! This little roombox has touched several lives and no wonder it now resides in your husband's office. Dolls are never easy to make but you have to start somewhere. I still have the ones that I made back in the mid 70's. I thought they were great when I made them. I still hold onto them and look at them from time to time as a reminder of when one twelfth scale miniatures were still a new discovery and when making them was just a hobby as opposed to a full blown obsession. :))

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this one will always be special for so many reasons.

    ReplyDelete