Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Miniature Wing Chair

Obsessed with Miniature Wing Chairs (my study piece)

When I first started looking at miniature images on the internet, the wing chair caught my attention. I wanted to make one, but had no idea how to do it. It occupied my mind for months…I can do it this way, no I will do it that way, etc. Finally, I decided to take the plunge. 
I had this lovely vision in my mind on how it would turn out, a sweet pink and white wing chair with big fluffy cushions and tailored pipping flowing around the edges. A nice piece for a miniature girls or a shabby chic living room.  Well, after all that work, I had the nerve to eat a chocolate bar without wiping, of course, there's a stain! 
As I was putting this together, I realize other ways I could have gone to make it better. So many times I wanted to give up and start over, but I thought it would be better to complete it and use it as a study piece. Note to self, master the miniature wing chair! 
So here it is, my first ever Miniature Wing Chair Study Piece. 

You see that chocolate stain!

I see lots of changes I could make to make it cleaner looking

Needs work, I think the next one will be better





No comments:

Post a Comment