Sunday, January 15, 2017

Call Me Crazy...

Call me crazy, but I had to make a theme change on the Travel Trailer. This project is being made for my daughter. I want her to have some type of dollhouse in her room without it taking up too much room. The Travel Trailer is perfect in size. I started out with one theme, but soon discovered I was creating it in a different style, my style. Yesterday morning I woke up and decided I would go back to the original theme, "Girly Eclectic Vintage". This allows me to use pinks, duck egg, old white, rust and aged wood. I will save that daybed for "Chez Marcelle", which will be designed in my style.

With that said, I had to create another bed, still vintage in style, but more "girly". I plan on rusting it, then painting it with Old White, and rusting some spots again. This will give it that old, old look I'm going for and I can create beautiful linens and throw pillows.

Here's a peek at the bed. I finished building and priming it this morning. Of course, I will have to make another mattress (eyes rolling)…mini work is never done!

New bed for the "Travel Trailer" project. Still in raw form.

Close up of miniature dollhouse vintage iron bed
by
Anita Smiley for fabulouslyflawedminiatures

No comments:

Post a Comment