Saturday, January 28, 2017

This Might Work...

I wanted to share with you the Art Deco Bust. I completed the sculpture, put it in the oven and forgot about it. As you can see, the translucent clay burned. I tried making a mold of the bust, but it did not work out :(.
After a few days of thinking about it, I decided to prime the bust so that I can paint it. My initial idea was to use make-up to color it, because of the over cooking, that won't work.
Yesterday I sketched out the face, it looks like it just might work! Last night I sanded the bust and will take my time painting it. I really want this one to work out. I love the originals and know for sure I only have one shot at this. :0


Here's a peek:
The sculpture after priming it and sketching the face.

Put it in the oven and forgot about it :(…overcooked!