Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Finally Working Again...

Happy New Year!
Hello my friends, it has been quite a while since I have been able to work. My middle finger has bothered me since October. I was so afraid that it would get worse, so I decided to let it rest. I am happy to say that it is so much better. Not 100%, but better. Thank goodness it's my right hand (I'm left handed).
Okay, enough about the finger…

I am working on a full project. This one has me super excited. I got the inspiration from "Cinderella Moments", a blog I love. The artist makes the most adorable Travel Trailers. I've been wanting to make one for my daughters new room, so with slow sales and a desire to make a "completed project", I decided to give it a try.

The theme is French Flea Market Vintage. So far I have put part of the trailer together, stained the hardwoods, made wainscoting, textured the walls, made frames for the the doors and windows, tested stained glass window techniques, made a few baskets and what I am most proud of, made a French Flea Market Daybed.

I have Chez Marcelle in the back of my head, but every time I start working on it, I start feeling overwhelmed. So I decided I should start small. I'm having so much fun with this.

Here are a few pictures:

Really excited about this daybed. Still have a little editing to do on the color, but so happy with it.

Close up of French Flea Market Daybed. I wanted it to look as though it has been in someones
basement for years. I will be adding a tufted mattress and beautiful linen toss pillows.


Kinda of, sorta of the direction. I am sure there will be lots of edits here.


Made a few edits to the structure.

Added some plaster to the walls.  Paint at the top, wainscoting on the bottom, painted with
Annie Sloan Chalk paints.

Making wainscoting for the project. Will be painted Annie Sloan Pure White.
Walnut hardwood floors, stained and reading for waxing.


Playing around with stain glass panels for one of the window. Used colored pencils for the grey, Sharpies for the yellow. They both turned out nicely.




No comments:

Post a Comment